Sound N' Style - Novice Class Rules
Copyright © New England SPL 2012
- This class is for competitors that have competed in SQ in the past or have a system that doesn't fit the Amateur class requirements. Amateur competitors are allowed in this class if they choose to do so, Pro competitors are not allowed in this class.
- Competitors will be required to explain the items in the Sound System prior to being judged, a good knowledge of your system is expected.
- Vehicles MUST have their sound systems all set when judging begins, Judges will Not change settings, only volume and tracks on the CD.
- Only the SQ Judge will be inside the vehicle for judging f the sound system.
- Testing of the sound system will be conducted using the judges CD.
- All enclosures, amps and other items included in the sound system MUST be secured.
- Upgraded electrical systems including batteries and alternators are allowed, and encouraged. There is NO limit of batteries.
- All batteries MUST be securely fastened.
- Fuses are required within 18" of each battery or battery bank.
- Stock locations are NOT required on non-subwoofer speakers.
- Aftermarket speakers are allowed and encouraged.
- Stock headunits are allowed, but only receive points if an aftermarket module/processor is installed to control the aftermarket audio system OR if the competitor can prove the headunit comes with a built in crossover and EQ.
- Crossovers and/or EQ's are required, whether external or built into the headunit.
- Aftermarket amplifiers are required.
- Install should be clean, wires organized and neat, enclosure painted or carpeted and clean.
- Interior of the vehicle should be clean and free of trash and unnecessary items.
- Pictures of the install process should be displayed if available. Since a judge can't see everything done under the carpet or behind panels this is a bonus in the presentation of your system, so bonus points will be awarded for this.
- Bonus points for having install pictures on display, and for displaying an NESPL decal or one from our current year sponsors.